Monday, January 3, 2011

Snow!!!

Even though Utah has the "greatest snow on Earth", we honestly don't get really cool snow storms very often, except for in the mountains. Usually it's only an inch or so in the valley, if we're lucky. But, we had a special treat when Mother Nature surprised us a couple of days before Christmas! Between two days of snowfall we got about 2 feet of snow here in the valley! Dar & I absolutely LOVED it!! I didn't get to play in it as much as he did (seeing as my whale of a belly is prohibiting certain activities at the moment). Dar got to clear snow at his parents house and he spent about 6.5 hours between the two days clearing snow--using a shovel and a snow blower. He's such a hard worker!! Even though I wasn't helpful, I sat outside with him the whole time and cheered him on :) It really was nice to spend some time outside, watching the beautiful snow come down.

Snowfall - Day 1
I couldn't bend over to put my boots on, so my sweetheart did it for me. What a trooper! :)
Just getting started!
Whipping out the snow blower!
Enjoying being outside in the snow!!
When he finished clearing snow, he decided it was time to build a snowman. The snow was perfect for it! He started the bottom ball in the corner of the backyard and rolled it around the house up to the front yard. It was seriously HUGE! It got really heavy pretty fast too, but he kept at it and about half an hour later got it to the front yard. I'll have to post the videos once I get them uploaded. It really was hilarious to watch!
Final resting place
1 more snowball to go!
Look how tall it is!! And he did it all alone...sorry I wasn't any help, babe!
What a cute snowman!
The finished product!

Snowfall - Day 2
Look how pretty! Talk about "Winter Wonderland"Day 2 of shoveling. We had about twice as much snow as the day before.
A tree in the backyard snapped from the weight of the snowfall overnight. Dar was trying to revive it, but it may be a total loss.
Look at all that beautiful snow!!
Dar was trying to prevent more trees from breaking by shaking the snow out. Luckily he never got hit by the shovel on its way back down :)
Snow up to my knees!
Taking a rest from clearing snow out of the trees
And since he hadn't eaten snow since he was a kid, he decided it was a good day to do it again! :)
Such happy snow people! We LOVED it!!

1 comment:

Jared & Tracee said...

First off whose coat are you wearing? If it is yours I'm going to be way mad. I couldn't even come close to wearing any of mine at the end!!!! :)