Friday, May 8, 2015

Random Moments in April

April 2 - A day with cousins
My sister's kids had spring break a week before the schools in our area did.  I was so glad when she called me and said they wanted to come spend one of their days off with us.  It was so nice for our kids to be able to play together and that my sister and I had some time to visit and catch up with each other.

At one point, Shannon and I could hear the kids giggling from the other room.  When we went to check on them they were all hiding in Aurora's little toddler bed.  Silly kids!
 photo DSC08303.jpg
 photo DSC08295.jpg
 photo DSC08305.jpg

April 3 - Ben's Mission Call
My cousin, Ben, had just turned 8 years old when I moved in with his family.  Now he's all grown up and going on a mission!  We were invited to be there when he opened his mission call.  Aurora was especially excited.  She loves Ben.  Savannah, on the other hand, gets upset any time Ben talks to her. Silly girl.
 photo DSC08313.jpg
Reading his call--Toronto, Canada, English speaking!
 photo DSC08315.jpg
They had a map for people to guess where Ben would be going
 photo DSC08319.jpg
We're so proud of you, Ben!
I thought it was cute that Aurora wanted to get a picture with Ben :)
(When I lived with them before Darwin and I got married, Ben was small enough that I could pick him up and pretend to give him a "swirly" in the toilet bowl.  Now he just likes to rest his chin on my head when he gives me a hug.  No more swirly's for Ben! He could probably give me one now--but don't tell him that!  He and I always have a competition to see who can give the other one the most wet willies when we're together though.  Good times.  I never should have taught him how to give wet willies, but I sure love that kid!  Haha!)
 photo DSC08321.jpg
A few days after this while I was working one afternoon, Aurora came to join me and asked me for some paper. This is a pretty much a daily occurrence because she likes to color and draw pictures next to me while I work for a while. That particular day, however, she asked me how to spell "Aunt Georgiana" and "Mommy" and "Australia".  After she was done with her papers, she stapled her 4 pieces of paper together and put them in an envelope to open when Daddy got home from work.  It was so precious when she opened her "mission call" and told us she was going to Australia and that Mommy and Aunt Georgiana were going to be her mission companions.  I'm glad she watches the good examples of her cousins and other people around her. I hope she does serve a mission some day!

April 3 - Sillies
I'm glad we had the camera with us from being with Ben when he opened his mission call to capture this silliness.  Almost every time we get home from being somewhere, Aurora races up the stairs and we find her in this position in the doorway waiting for us to come up the stairs. She's so funny.  Daddy did it with her this time.
  photo DSC08324.jpg
Savannah wanted in on the silliness too
  photo DSC08325.jpg

April 6 - Girls in the window
Our dryer stopped working one day and when we had someone come service it and found out that our dryer was fine but we needed to clean out the vent.  Darwin got up on a ladder to get it cleaned out the next day and the girls thought it was pretty exciting to see Daddy up on a ladder so high next to the window.  I love that such simple things in life make them happy.
 photo DSC08426.jpg
Love these girls!
 photo DSC08429.jpg
 photo DSC08430.jpg

April 8 - Umbrellas in the Shower
The Easter bunny brought matching Hello Kitty umbrellas for the girls.  They play with them all the time just around the house but Daddy let them play with them in the shower one day.  They thought it was the best thing ever :)
 photo DSC08452.jpg

April 12 - Savannah (a.k.a. Captain Underpants!)
With my busy schedule, I usually get the laundry washed but not folded while Darwin is at work.  So when he gets home he folds it for me.  He's the best husband. Ever!  One day while he was folding laundry, Savannah pulled another goofy moment.  No words needed :)  She's a crack up!
 photo DSC08486.jpg
 photo DSC08487.jpg
I think this one will go on her wedding video ;)
 photo DSC08488.jpg

April 13 - Dino Eggs in the Garden
We went to Grandma and Grandpa's house one evening to help clean off the garden to get it ready to plant this year and found some dinosaur eggs!
(The winter squash we never picked hardened and hollowed out and I told the girls they were dino eggs.  They thought it was pretty cool)
 photo DSC08493.jpg
 photo DSC08497.jpg
 photo DSC08496.jpg
 photo DSC08494.jpg

April 18 - Girls Selfies
I love finding the pictures the girls take sometimes when I didn't realize they had the camera.  They crack me up.
 photo DSC08498.jpg
 photo DSC08499.jpg
 photo DSC08501.jpg
 photo DSC08502.jpg
 photo DSC08515.jpg
 photo DSC08520.jpg
 photo DSC08530.jpg
 photo DSC08541.jpg

April 20 - Rori on her head
I know I've mentioned it before--that Aurora likes to watch TV up-side-down.  This time she was playing on the iPod.  She cracks me up!
 photo DSC08579.jpg
I love the little random moments that life brings.  It makes each day exciting!

No comments: