Friday, May 1, 2015

St. Patrick's Day

Holidays are fun for me so I try to make them enjoyable for our kids too.  St. Patrick's Day is kind of a random holiday but it's fun to be green and festive!

I'm not a very crafty/creative person, but I love to cook and make things with food so I find I tend to be more fun and festive in the food arena.
For breakfast the girls got to eat their honey chex with green milk!  They LOVED it! Haha!
 photo DSC08033.jpg
  photo DSC08034.jpg
Notice Savannah's green finger nails too :)
 photo DSC08035.jpg
 Of course we all wore green and for lunch the girls got to eat hotdogs with green cucumbers, green pickles, and green jell-o!
 photo DSC08036.jpg
 photo DSC08038.jpg
Dar's mom made corn beef and cabbage the Sunday before St. Patrick's Day, but I'm not that great of a chef yet and haven't ever attempted to make corn beef and cabbage.  Our St. Patrick's Day dinner was kind of fun though.  We had pesto chicken pasta, pistachio salad (almost naturally green), peas and green butter for our rolls!
 photo DSC08039.jpg
We weren't so sure about the green butter. Haha!
  photo DSC08040.jpg
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: