Sunday, August 14, 2016

Idaho Family Birthday Party

On August 6th we met up with my family to caravan up to Idaho for a family party to celebrate birthdays for my Uncle Bruce, who was turning 70, and my dad, who just turned 60. I was kind of thrown into the birthday mix too for entering a new decade this year because I turned 30 in June, but it was mostly for my Dad and Uncle Bruce and really just a good excuse to get everyone together.
We stopped for a bathroom break about half way there.  Aurora still likes to hold Talmage every chance she gets. :)
 photo IMG_2086 427x640_zpsysbmfakt.jpg
Our sweet, handsome little guy.
 photo IMG_2087 427x640_zpsneyppyom.jpg
Cuties!
 photo IMG_2088 427x640_zpsbizxvnvf.jpg
 photo IMG_2090 427x640_zps4zyqwkr2.jpg
Talmage with Uncle Skylar
 photo IMG_2092 427x640_zpsdiia0kfo.jpg
As soon as we got to Uncle Harvey's house (although it will always be my Grandma's house to me even though she passed away a few years ago), the kids headed straight to the water and had fun throwing rocks for a while.
 photo IMG_2093 640x427_zps2scm8ip3.jpg
 photo IMG_2098 427x640_zpsfrzsn6bg.jpg
Our cute girls up in a tree I used to climb when I was little.
 photo IMG_2101 640x427_zpsughezxl4.jpg
 photo IMG_2103 640x427_zpsvfiqqwu9.jpg
My dad with all of his siblings--my dad is the youngest of 8.
Uncle Rodger, Uncle Bruce, Dad, Uncle Clair
Auntie Di, Uncle Harvey, Aunt Martia, Uncle Kip
 photo IMG_2108 640x427_zpspo8ay8ql.jpg
The birthday cake.
 photo IMG_2112 640x427_zpso3tgbvio.jpg
I'm glad we took this picture.  This is me with some of my cousins, although there are a lot that are missing too.  This is maybe half of us.  We haven't done a cousin picture in a really long time.  It's extremely hard to get everyone together!
Mark, Skylar (my baby brother), Vance, Eric
Clifton, Kirsten, Kevin, Marci, Me, Shannon (my sister), Josh, Tiffany, Terra, Steve, Jon, Bri (my sister), Matthew
and Tyson is in the front all by himself.
 photo IMG_2113 640x427_zpsunlbnzdq.jpg
We were supposed to be doing a goofy picture but only half the group participated.  Silly cousins.
 photo IMG_2116 640x427_zpsoxttt0xy.jpg
Talmage got pretty tired and actually fell asleep on Marci for a little while.  It's nice to have so many other adults around who want to get their baby fix in :)  When he woke up he was happy to come back to me though.  Sweet little guy!
 photo IMG_2119 640x427_zpsrot17tw2.jpg
It was a nice but quick trip up to Idaho for the day.  It's about a 4 hour drive each way for us so we felt like we couldn't stay for too long in order to get back home at a decent hour.  We left the party and headed straight to a wedding reception for my cousin Annika's daughter, Hunter.  After staying at the reception for about an hour we headed home because we were leaving again the next day for another trip.  It's always nice to go up and see my Idaho family though.  Love you guys, and happy birthday to Dad and Uncle Bruce!

No comments: