Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bushed!!

Darwin and I have the opportunity at our apartment complex to help out with maintenance and getting vacant apartments ready for new people to move in; and as an exchange we get money taken off our rent, which is super nice (especially because I'm currently not working it's a way for me to pitch in financially). This is the first month we've helped out and I can honestly tell you...it's hard work! I'm starting to feel the pain :) I'm learning all kinds of new things about fix-up jobs, things that I've never done before. Yesterday I learned how to change the pads in a swamp cooler and the maintenance that goes along with it. I've learned how to properly fill the holes in a wall, and how to rip out the caulking in a bathtub and how to re-caulk it, along with other things. It's partly nice that I've been able to put in so many hours since the semester ended, but my body is definitely letting me know how much I have been working. I'm used to sitting at a keyboard, doing secretarial kind of work and homework type jobs. Physical labor is a new thing for me, but I'm totally enjoying it! It's soo much better than sitting at home doing nothing. Watch out! Because before you know it, I'll be starting my own maintenance company! Haha...Just kidding!

No comments: