Monday, May 5, 2008

"Now I know my ZYX's"

I have to tell you that I have accomplished the task of memorizing the alphabet backwards. I'm sure most of you are wondering why I would even do such a thing, or why it's even important. Here's the thing...Darwin learned it backwards before he went on his mission, and I've heard him recite it several times with great speed, so I was determined to learn it backwards as well. I started learning it by going over it in my head while laying down trying to go to sleep, and it worked (plus it's much more fun than counting sheep)!! I was reciting it to Darwin last night to prove to him I had learned it backwards, and because I was tired while doing so, I kept accidentally saying "XYZPDQ," which for those who don't know what that abbreviation means: examine your zipper pretty darn quick. He just kept laughing at me, but I really do have the alphabet memorized backwards now :) I can't say it as fast as Darwin can, but at least I can do it!! Yay! If you want proof for yourself, you'll just have to ask me!

1 comment:

Jenny M said...

Sounds like your brain gets plenty of exercise! Mine could use some of that...