Thursday, May 1, 2008

Well learned, well educated.

I'm not trying to be cocky, I'm just totally excited that I was able to pull off my 4.0 gpa this semester! Yay!! This is a huge achievement for me, especially with my high school history and barely graduating because of being so sick. I've always tried to do my best though and my grades were posted this morning as proof. Hooray! I called Darwin on his way to work to tell him the good news and told him we should celebrate. His reply was, "Okay, let's buy some couches!" And I totally agreed, so we did:

Actually, we bought the couches last Thursday and they came on Tuesday. We absolutely love them already! Super comfy and MUCH better than the last set we had, which were given to us from Dar's parents because they didn't want them anymore, and we needed some...who knows how old they were but they were great to have while we had them, especially because they were free. Dar was actually a little attached to the old ones and a little sad to give them up, until he came home from work on Tuesday and sat down on our new couch. When I asked him if he still missed the old ones he said, "What old couches?" :). It was time for us to get new ones. So, that is my reward for doing so well in school. My overall gpa is a 3.67 now, and if I can get another 4.0 in the fall it should go up to a 3.8 gpa which would be AWESOME!!

2 comments:

Jennie-O said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome - a 4.0 in college is super cool. And good job on the couches, I love the look.

Jenny M said...

Kiara,

That is amazing! I was never that good at grades :) Congratulations! And I love the couches. I remember when we bought ours - that is so fun!