Friday, May 29, 2009

The Alligator named Steve

Don't mind the really great *cough* picture of me, that's my half terrified - half "I can't believe I'm doing this" look. But I had to share this...I got to hold a live alligator at school today! His name is Steve; named after Steve Irwin. He belongs to a guy in one of my classes (the guy behind me in the picture), who bought Steve off the internet for $30!! (I'm pretty sure it's illegal to have him, but who's telling?) He named him after Steve Irwin because Steve (the alligator) was shipped to him the week Steve Irwin died. I was just so impressed with myself that I dug up enough guts to hold him (I won't even hold D's snake!). Yay me! Besides, it's not everyday you get the opportunity to hold an alligator at school!

P.S. Thanks, Janice, for taking the picture for me!

6 comments:

Robins Family said...

That is SO neat! :)

Paige said...

Oh my, I'm scared to death of alligators and snakes! I have to admit though that one looks pretty tame!

Cristin said...

Wow, Kiara! In the picture you aren't even holding his mouth, I mean he could have turned around and taken a bite out of you!

Sara Kappas said...

Holy, you are brave! I would freak out if I even got close to that thing. Go You!

Mandi and Jeff said...

Wow I'm so impressed! Hope you guys are doing well.

Jenny M said...

You are very brave!