Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank goodness for hair-dryers!!

We had the coolest rain storm yesterday!! We don't get storms like that very often here in Utah, unfortunately. I absolutely LOVE the rain, and thunder and lightning! And yesterday we had a pretty good storm...for Utah.

D & I like leaving our windows open to cool our house down in the evenings, and because it was fairly nice, but still cool yesterday, we had our windows open most of the day. We went over to D's parents house for our usual Sunday dinner...and then the rains came. You should have seen it pouring off the roof and bouncing off the concrete as it hit the road outside!! The puddles in the driveway were great, and the ones on the road were even better!! Like I said...we rarely get storms like that here, so I was ecstatic! While we were enjoying listening to and watching the storm, D remembered that we had left our windows open at home, so we decided we should probably rush home to shut them. It was still raining really hard when we left his parent's house.

When we got home, this is what we found:

Our couch that was by the 2 windows in our living room was soaked on the edges by the open windows. Ooops! D was a little annoyed by it:

I was still just so excited about the cool rain storm we had just had that I didn't mind having to use my hair-dryer to dry the couch. :)

Yay for cool rain storms!!

No comments: