Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Fun

What better way is there to celebrate Memorial Day than to be stuck inside all day doing homework on your day off? Just kidding. After being stuck inside doing homework all morning for Memorial Day, we were able to celebrate in the afternoon by partaking in a scrumptious BBQ at D's parent's house. A BBQ that consisted of the classic hamburgers, hotdogs, homemade potato salad and s'mores!

Before the BBQ, D & I (but mostly D, because I didn't want to get muddy...I wasn't wearing my work clothes!) finished planting the veggie garden (for now)! Woo-Hoo! I was excited to see that some of the seeds we planted a few weeks ago are already sprouting out of the dirt! Yay!

Pumkins for Halloween!
Working on the pepper, tomato, and eggplant plants.
For Christmas, D's parents got the grandkids a trampoline, and we finally set it up yesterday after the BBQ. It was like Christmas all over again for the kiddos!

Andrew and Emma couldn't jump for a little bit while the adults finished putting the tramp up, so they found other ways to entertain themselves :)
Allie had first privileges of jumping on the tramp.
Andrew & Emma pulling out some of their "moves".
Allie pulling out some of her "moves".
To finish off the day we went to the elementary school by my in-laws house to shoot off bottle rockets. The first one went so high you could barely see it!!
This is a really bad picture, but I had to post it because I love that you can see the stream and splash from the water coming out of the rocket as it shot up :)
Thanks for a fun Memorial Day weekend everyone! Now, it's back to work :(

2 comments:

Tiffany DeWitt said...

Yay for having a garden! We are going to attempt one for the first time. I am excited to see how yours does, to get some pointers. Our townhouse is in North Orem, so far so good, but we are still unpacking.

Jenny M said...

How fun! I love trampolines! I miss the one we had when we had a house...
Soon enough!