Thursday, May 28, 2009

In Loving Memory of Truman G. Madsen

Truman G. Madsen passed away this morning after a long, exhausting battle with cancer. Please go to this link to read more about the life of Truman Madsen. He truly was an amazing man. A man of God.

I personally had the chance to meet and talk briefly with Truman Madsen several times while I worked at Fillmore Spencer LLC. He always had a smile on his face, and made you feel like the most important person in the world. I had the privilege of working with Truman's amazing son, Barney Madsen, who was one of the attorneys there, and I also had the privilege of working with three of Truman's amazing grandchildren, Jed, Kelly, and David. Although I did not know Truman Madsen very well, I knew his son and his son's family. Darwin and I look up to the Madsen family with incredible respect. They are incredible examples to us, and we love them dearly. We hope our kids love each other and are as best of friends as the Madsen siblings are!

Barney, Cindy, Jed, Brooke, Kelly, David, and Caroline:

Our hearts and prayers are with you as you bid farewell to yet another grandfather who has made his way back to his Father in Heaven. We love and admire your strength and the inspiring examples you have always been to Darwin and I.

We love you, all!

1 comment:

Cristin said...

I know, I was also very sad when I heard this today. I remember listening to Truman Madsen's Joseph Smith book on my mission and then meeting him was such an honor. He was a great man and very intelligent.