Sunday, November 8, 2015

Chalk the Block 2015

I'm pretty sure we missed going to Chalk the Block last summer, but we definitely made the effort to go this year.  I'm glad it wasn't rainy this time!  We went the first day of it so most of the drawings weren't completed, but it's still fun to go and see some amazing talent!
 photo DSC00262 - Copy 2.jpg
This one was a 3-D drawing done by a guest artist
 photo DSC00263 - Copy 2.jpg
The best shot I could get of this one was from the top down--also done by guest artists
 photo DSC00264 - Copy.jpg
 photo DSC00265 - Copy.jpg
The lady sitting in the middle of this one was my visiting teaching companion when we lived in Orem.  Her son was in my CTR 4 primary class and he was the master behind the artwork.  I was impressed. I can't believe he's 12.  It makes me feel old!
 photo DSC00266 - Copy.jpg
 photo DSC00269 - Copy.jpg
 photo DSC00271 - Copy.jpg
Another 3-D drawing in progress
 photo DSC00272 - Copy.jpg
It would look like this when it was complete:
 photo DSC00273 - Copy.jpg
Angel Moroni, anyone?
 photo DSC00277 - Copy.jpg
 photo DSC00279 - Copy.jpg
 photo DSC00280.jpg
This would be a 3-D drawing of the basilisk from Harry Potter when it was done, also by a guest artist.
 photo DSC00281.jpg
 photo DSC00283.jpg
It was fun to go spend some time together as a family looking at the fun chalk drawings.  And, we had a super bonus by having our Aussies join us (minus Jared) and we treated ourselves to dinner at Bajio.  Thanks for coming with us, Aussies!

No comments: