Sunday, November 1, 2015

Preschool!

Along with playing soccer for the first time, September brought another "first" for Aurora.
Her first day of preschool!
 photo DSC00113.jpg
Her cute "curly-curls" and adorable owl backpack :)
 photo DSC00118.jpg
Savannah didn't really understand what was going on and that she'd be on her own with Mommy while Rori is at school, until we dropped her off and Savy and I got in the car without her.  As I was trying to buckle Savannah in her seat she suddenly realized Aurora wasn't coming with us and started to cry, "Rori!  Rori!  I want Rori!"  She was pretty sad for a little bit.
 photo DSC00116.jpg
I felt horrible that I had a meeting for work that day and immediately dropped Savannah off at Grandma and Grandpa's house while I had to leave too.  She did fine though and perked up a few minutes after I left.  Grandma and Grandpa got to pick Rori up on her first day of school, and they've picked her up several times for me since then as well.  The girls both love going to Grandma and Grandpa's house and frequently ask if I'm going to drop them off as we pass their street to and from preschool three days a week :)

Preschool is just down the road from where Daddy grew up and is taught by a lady who was in his ward when he was a kid.  Her name is Mrs. Heidi and she's been teaching preschool for almost 20 years.  Aurora LOVES preschool!  She loves her teacher.  She loves the friends she's made.  She loves the things she's learning about.  It's a music based preschool and she gets to learn lots of new, fun songs too!

We're proud of you, Aurora!  Our little preschooler!

No comments: